NO...WE DID NOT GO UP TO UTAH FOR A DAY...THIS IS IN VEGAS...AT OUR HOME!!!
If I didn't know where I lived, I would think I was in Utah! It SNOWED TODAY!!!! Like, REALLY snowed! In fact, it's 9:30p.m. and it's been snowing non-stop since noon! It is expected to last through the night. It's been so much fun...and so weird for Vegas! We are LUCKY if we get a few teeny tiny flurries here and there every winter. Most winters we don't get anything at all. But today has been unbelievable. It's a definite weather record! The most snow since 1979. I don't know how many official inches we have so far, but it looks like at least 4 inches or so...with more coming tonight. The kids even get the day off of school tomorrow for a "snow day"! Can you believe it? With no snow plows or anything over here, the roads are quite the mess, so we will gladly comply and stay home tomorrow. Our city is quite pathetically "incapacitaded" by the fluffy white stuff. And heck, who even has a snow shovel here? Kamalu barely made it up our driveway yesterday afternoon! LOL
I'm sure this is so "lame" for all you guys that live in the snow. You probably think "Oh dear...they get excited about the silliest things" or "I can't believe they closed school for that!" But for us "Hawaiians/Las Vegans" (many of us being "Snow Virgins" Ha! Ha!) this is BIG NEWS!!! (In fact, it was "breaking news" for HOURS on our local news channels! LOL)
Kainoa and Maile early in the day when the snow first started. We didn't think it would last long, so we took a bunch of pictures. Oh, the joy on their faces!
The snow wasn't even sticking yet, but Kainoa managed to catch what he could to make a snowball.
Now it's starting to accumulate! Check out the "non-snow" clothes they've got on! We went through many pairs of wet clothes today!
Maile was getting a bit cold...can you tell? :)
Chelsey and Kaylee finally decided to come outside and bear the snow...with their tongues!! Silly girls!
It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas! Merry Christmas everyone! :)





2 comments:
SERIOUSLY! I think Cam batchied the whole Vegas Valley because one of the BIG Reasons he didn't want to live in Utah... you guessed it... THE SNOW! HELLO! Now he can't even drive his own car to work because it wouldn't even make it! Hope the kids enjoy their SNOW DAY!!!!
That is sooo funny!! I was laughing when I found the kids didn't have school. My kids just could NOT understand why you wouldn't go to school just because of SNOW. I then had to explain to them that you guys aren't properly equipped for that stuff!! Cute pictures, though!!! I can't believe that you guys are getting that much! Your new pics that you posted are amazing. You guys are one of those families that are just absolutely GORGEOUS!!!
Post a Comment