Monday, November 3, 2008

Once upon a time...

So.....as you can see, I "restarted" my blog back in October and haven't done a darn thing since! Not only because I don't know what to write, but because I wanted to start my blog from the "beginning"....makes sense to me....you know....how I got to where I am today. Every story, even in the world of blogging, IN MY EYES, needs to have a beginning. So, I put it off and put it off because FOR ME, I wanted my blog to have a specific beginning, BUT I wasn't sure what I wanted to say exactly. Dumb, I know. Call me the "anal blogger"...everything has to be in order. So weird! Well, hopefully, in time, I'll just go with the flow and blog about whatever I want to in whatever order I want to...like most normal bloggers. LOL So, being that I feel I gotta start from the beginning (I know...dumb!), there is no other way to start my story than to tell you about my "Prince Charming" because without him, I wouldn't be the woman, wife, and mother that I am today. So, without further adieu, I am going to just get this party started! No more procrastinating already! :)
WARNING: The following post contains "mushiness" and may make you "GAG!" Read with caution.
Once upon a time, there was a girl named Shelley and a boy named Kamalu...they fell madly in love in the fall of 1989 after being introduced to each other by Shelley's best friend...well, let me clarify...Kamalu and Shelley's best friend were actually dating that summer, even though Shelley really secretly "liked" Kamalu and knew he was something special, but she was just pretty much the 3rd wheel that summer, sort of like.... (What the heck! This is dumb...obviously you know we fell in love - after the best friend headed off to college anyway...so let me just tell you what I love about my dear hubby of over 17 years before I end up erasing this and never starting my blog...ever! Okay?)
WHY I FELL IN LOVE WITH KAMALU 19 YEARS AGO
(in a totally random, senseless order off the top of my head):


I love the way he laughs.
I love the way he holds me tenderly and snuggles up behind me when I least expect it.
I love that he loves the gospel and shares his knowledge of the gospel with me.
I love the kind of father he is to my children: dedicated, loving, and fun.
I love that he handles stress with such optimism and never gives up no matter what!
I love when he smiles.
I love his strength: physical, spiritual, and emotional.
I love our quiet moments together.
I love when he changes a light bulb or fixes something around the house...even though he hates doing that stuff!!!
I love that he is great on the computer and can help me when I need it.
I love that he lets me have the remote at night in bed (because he knows I'll be sleeping in 10 minutes anyway!)
I love our date nights, even if it is at Walmart!
I love that he is so patient and easy going.
I love that he never complains when I haven't cooked or cleaned.
I love that he is motivated and a hard worker.
I love that he loves and respects my family, his in-laws, and gets along great with them.
I love that he puts up with my many imperfections.
I love how he knows when to just let me vent and not say a word! (certain times of the month especially!).
I love seeing him wrestle with the kids and tickle them.
I love seeing him playing football and basketball outside in the yard with the kids.
I love that he REALLY swims and plays with the kids in the pool...while I relax and sunbathe. :)
I love that he puts the gospel at the center of our home.
I love watching him peek in the kids' bedrooms at night when they are asleep.
I love they way he holds, cuddles, and talks to babies.
I love when he holds my hand or puts his arm around me.
I love how he smells when he gets out of the shower.
I love his confidence.
I love sitting next to him in church each Sunday.
I love that he adores our children and would do anything for them.
I love his butt!! Oooh lala! LOL
I love that he is my BEST FRIEND and I can tell him anything.
I love that he loves ME! (because sometimes I am a very hard person to love!)
If you are reading this Babe, I love you more than you will ever know!! Can't wait to spend eternity with you!
P.S. - Thanks to my dear friend Tiffany for introducing us so many years ago! :)
There it is! I did it! My first official blog post with an actual subject! A bit mushy, but that's okay. I did it! Now if only I can keep this up! :)

2 comments:

Alicia said...

Aaaahhh... tender! I'm glad you finally got that first official post off your chest! Now just "roll wit it!"

Nikki said...

Great to see that you finally came into the world of blogging. Now, just keep moving on!!!